Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Waw #9 - Candle light

This week's assignment was candle light. I learned so much about my camera settings and about shooting in low-light with this assignment! I wasn't sure how it was going to work out since I have had little success with low light shots in the past and always felt like I needed to use the awful flash on my camera. I played a lot with the white balance, exposure compensation and ISO settings. I ended up with a few shots that I actually like, and had a good time learning in the process. Yay learning!






All weekly assignments shot with my Digital-SLR Canon EOS Rebel XS. Next assignment - People!

1 comment:

  1. Love the shots! Especially the complete background blackness of the first one and the way the candle lights the brick in the last one.

    My favourite technique for low light (given that I have always had cameras with small sensors so they don't do well in the dark while being handheld): tripod + timer (e.g. 2s) + slow shutter.

    ReplyDelete