Saturday, May 12, 2012

'I' is for Ikon & Incongruent

I am late on my Film26 project... again. But to my defense, I was waiting on Jeffrey to finish a roll of black & white so that we could get 3 rolls all developed at once in order to save a little on the scanned digital versions (only paying for one disc rather than 2 or more). We really do need to consider investing in a film scanner...

At any rate, 'I' is a super tough letter to shoot. I found it much more difficult to find words that fit than previous letters.

I is for Ikon (Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2)
Ikon refers to our Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 which was given to us by a family member over the Christmas holidays. It was our first time getting out to use it because it requires 120mm film (which is more difficult to get your hands on than regular 35mm film), and because we wanted to wait for good lighting conditions for the first run. More on this cool little camera to come.
This photo is of Vancouver, taken from the top of Queen Elizabeth Park.
Taken with our Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 and Kodak Tri-X 400 B&W 120mm film.


I is for Incongruent
When we were in Las Vegas, I just couldn't get over the incongruency of the New York "Chrysler Building" surrounded by palm trees. That city just baffles the mind, and the mish-mash of cultural references all crammed together in such a dense area is like a crazy caricature of the world on steroids.
Taken with my Olympus PenF and Kodak TMAX B&W 400 film.

No comments:

Post a Comment